TZTouch 14 Screen Delamination?

A

Anonymous

I just noticed an area of my TZTouch 14 screen that appears to be delaminating or has air or liquid bubbles forming. Unit was purchased in August 2013 and installed at a later date.
It is housed in a retracting electronics panel, covered by a canvas cover under a hardtop with enclosures and never is exposed to rain, spray or wash down water. See the post regarding adding a second display to the TZTouch 14 for the installation photo. Please advise of repair options for this issue.TZTouch 14.jpg

It would have to be evaluated by the repair center. Repair evaluations are not conducted by phone or e-mail. The repair center is normally very helpful when it comes to things like this. Please send the unit to the Furuno Repair Facility with a detailed description of the problem. No RMA number is required. Please make sure to include your contact information. The address is listed below for your convenience.

Furuno USA, Inc
Attn: Service Department
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd.
Camas, WA 98607-9408

The Service Center will contact you after the unit has been evaluated.
Normally you will hear from them in 7-10 business days plus postal time. If you need to contact our service center they can be reached at 360-834-9300. (ask for the service center)

Johnny E,
Thank you for your quick reply. The TZTouch will be on it's way to the Furuno repair facility shortly. My electronics provider has echoed your suggestion that Furuno service can be most helpful in instances such as this. I look forward to the results.
Rascal

Back