TZT slow after update

rmenendez

Furuno Fan
Just finished updating my 2 TZT 14 from version 3.12 to version 4.11. The process has in fact not been easy as I had to use the full OS and application update even though by serial number just the software was required. After the update, I notice that one of the units is extremely slow in loading and will not recognize the Navionics chart until I go to the catalog and search for the specific files which are in fact listed. Once I do this the charts are displayed but again response is extremely slow compared to before the update. This only happens in the master display with the other acting normal and recognizing the chart without the added steps. Can you please advise what to do?

Thanks

I recommend that units are fully factory cleared after reprogramming to clear all the memory buffers. I recommend you backup your points/settings and factory clear each display on your network and then restore your points/settings.

If you did the clear/reset then it sounds like you have something going on with the chart card or NMEA2000 network. Try shutting down the unit and pull your chart cards and then run it for a bit to see if the problem is gone.

Removed the second sd card and things improved. Still seems slower than before but better much better. Also noticed that although chart details do not appear initially, appears as if using world chart, of I zoom in or out detail then appears correct. I'll try and reformat the sd card but unsure what to use, NTFS or FAT32?

Thanks Johnny. Just read in the Maxsea website that transferring points between the TZT and Maxsea has a bug with version 4.11 that did not exist with the previous version. Do you know when/if it will be corrected and how do we do handle it in the meantime. Also, are there any plans to allow the bathymetry we generate in Maxsea to be usable in the TZT/TZT2. It sure would be great specially now that others allow this data in their MFD.

The waypoint/route transfer from MaxSea to TZT should resolve in the next software release for the TZT due in the next few months. There has been talk about allowing the PBG bathy from MaxSea to be used but I guess it is more complex than one might think. They do now offer a lower cost bathy map from C-map for the USA areas ($100) that has very good high res fishing bathy. If I hear anything about the PBG usage, I will let you know.

Johnny Electron

"They do now offer a lower cost bathy map from C-map for the USA areas ($100) that has very good high res fishing bathy."

Are you saying that the C-map bathy map option is better than the pre loaded fishing bathy maps on the TZT or TZT2?
Thanks

I still think self generated bathy maps from Maxsea/Nobeltec being incorporated into the TZT would be a winner. Certainly for some this would move them to have both a TZT and Maxsea in their boat. This combination would be far superior to what I have seen from either Navionics or C-Map or other MFD manufacturers.

Back