Update Error

Z

zundels

I am trying to update the software on my TZT14 from 4.01 to 4.11. I downloaded the software update to a SD card and it shows two folders (FEC and DataApplication) as well as a text file "chartdemopath.txt (the card now also shows a third folder "System" since I tried the update). When I tried to update I followed the procedures to the dialog box that says "ChartCopyTool Succeeded" and pressed OK. I then got the following message (see picture) and had to eventually shut the unit down. Any ideas on what I need to do to update the software?

Error Picture.jpg

It appears that the card wasn't properly formatted with the bootable system. When installing 4.11 OS/APP it should be formatted in the TZT per the instructions or via NTSF bootable with a PC. I have found formatting the card works best using the TZT prior to installing the software on the upgrade chip. If you keep having problems, it might be easier to get a pre-configured chip from your dealer (TZT-OSA-SOF).

Thanks. I formatted the card and used the full OS and application and it worked. One last question on the master reset. Do I just restore the default settings under the menu or is there some other procedure I need to follow for a master reset. I have looked in the manual and online and can't seem to find any specific instructions for a master reset.

Back