TZT talking to autopilot

I was hoping you could offer some advice. I currently have 3 TZT units. 2 in the helm and 1 in the tower.

I have simrad AP20 autopilot in the helm and AP22 in the tower.

Currently I can only use them by holding a bearing.

Is there any way to get them to talk to the TZT so I can go to a waypoint? Any creative ways to go about it instead of having to spend a lot of money for an entirely new system?

Any advice you can offer would be great. Thank you!

This seems like such a logical and simple solution, but a lot of people seem to have the same problem i.e., their simrad autopilot will not "hold" the Nav data coming from the tzt for more than 5 or so mins, sometimes more, but never enough, and the 'loss of data' alarm goes off.
Is there a solution?
Thanks, Pickled

Thank you, a bit of a mystery why first class electronics installers refer to this as a common problem and only resolved by installing a Furuno A/P. And they arent just trying to make a sale.
Could it be that the simrad is 10 yrs old and your remedy doesn't apply to that age unit??
Thanks Pickled

Pickled-
The AP20 autopilot mentioned in the OP only accepted NMEA0183 not NMEA2000. That is the reason for the IF-NMEA2K2 converter as the TZT only has an N2K output.

Why the Simrad pilot, of which there are many iterations over 10 years, is having issues might be better asked of Simrad. They may have released new software over time to resolve the issue.

Back