DSC Emergency calls displayed on plotter

chtucker

Furuno Fan
I have received emergency DSC calls on my Lowrance Link-8 VHF which is on my NMEA2000 network. The calls don't appear to be processed or shown on my TZT9

Is this normal? Is the automated plotting of DSC calls supported?

Howard

Have you checked with Lowrance to see if you have the newest firmware. Sometimes companies use rebranded units and like the Icom, it might need a firmware update.

Will try to update, but the only way to do so is with a Lowrance MFD.. Have to call on some friends..

Is there any hope for a Furuno NMEA 2000 VHF?

I have an Icom M-604 VHF connected to a GP-1670F plotter through an IF-NMEA2K2 converter.
When a DSC call is received, the other ship position is put out on the NMEA0183 port, and the converter manual says it converts DSC/DSE messages to N2K format, but nothing shows on the plotter. Anyone got a setup like this working?

tasdev

I have TWO IF-NMEA2K2 converters on an N2K bus, one for the autopilot and the M-1945 radar (both NMEA0183 devices), and the second for a VHF set (Icom M604, also NMEA0183). The OS position from the GPS/plotter (GP1670F, N2K) reaches the VHF set ok, and DSC positions from incoming VHF calls show correctly on the VHF set itself but they don't get displayed on the plotter. Everything else works, but It looks as though DSC/DSE inputs converted by the second IF-NMEA2K2 are being ignored when they reach the N2K bus.

The GPS tells me that the two IF-NMEA2K2 converters both have the same System Instance Numbers (both 0) and also the same Device Instance Numbers (both 00). Will this stop messages coming from the second IF-NMEA2K2 being recognized on the N2K bus?

I never recommend highjacking an old thread especially if the equipment isn't the same.
I would recommend you have the newest software in the GP1670F and the Icom. That model icom has a lot of known PGN issues when it released and there have been many firmware updates. You might also discuss this with Icom. Please start a new thread if you have newest software in both units.

Back