Freezing & Rebooting TZ Touch 14 screens

A

Anonymous

Hello,
since upgrading to 4.02, our TZ14 chartplotters have been freezing and/or rebooting once a day. Is this a common issue? Any fixes?
Thank you.

Looks like a new 4.11 update is now available so would try that first. The 4.02 had some issues with radar line and TZT2 networking lol.
Good luck

Unless you had Sirius weather as part of this system, I highly doubt the new update will change your issue. It sounds like a NMEA 2000 bus issue. You can update and clear the units and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply. We did not have these issues until the screens were returned from repair with the new software. I am attaching a screenshot of one of the freezes but the others had no messages.
Is it advisable to update to 4.11? I am not sure why the repair people put us on 4.02 even though the repairs were done in January.
Also, do you know how we can turn off the beeping that occurs now when the autopilot is engaged and/or put on stand-by? Is there a way to not have the TZ connect to our Fusion system?
TZ error.JPG

Hi Johnny,
Yes. Both of my TZ14s are on 4.02.
We do not have Sirrius.
The beeping is from the TZ, accompanied by a yellow banner
Actually, I would like to prevent the TZ from connecting to the Fusion. I have had to remove my Fusion from the network for now.
ANy help on the frozen screen/rebooting would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Gail

I recommend programming both units to 4.11. The one unit appears to have some sort of software issue that should resolve with reloading. If it continues after loading 4.11 and clearing the unit; it will need to visit the service center. If you have a notice and beeping on the TZT, I recommend changing the - HOME - SETTINGS - ALARM - Sound Alarm until Acknowledged to ON. Then when an alarm sounds just touch the notice bar at the top of the screen and the sound will no longer continue beeping.

We used an 8gb SD Card to try to install the software. We followed the instructions but the screen would only display the first copy step and ok. We never got the second and third screens. Any thoughts?
Thank you. :(

The full update (OS&APP) requires the card to be formatted in bootable NTSF. It is best to format it in the machine from serviceman following the instructions. If you did that and it doesn't work on any of your units then you might just buy an update chip from your dealer (TZT-OSA-SOF $25 list).

Back