TZtouch & FCV1150

leonidas

I am looking at upgrading my boat, which has two stations (cockpit & Tower) to dual TZtouch 14" screens along with an FCV1150 networked together.
Because space is an issue on the dash in the cockpit, I was wondering if instead of the FCV1150 I could instead add a DFF1 or DFF3 etc. to the TZtouch setup and still get the same sounder performance as the FCV1150?
Or alternatively, would the DFF1, DFF3 etc. work with a twin TZtouch2 setup?

I am currently running dual 1kw transducers (SS264) and would like to utilise them or upgrade in the future to the newer B175HW, B175L etc.

Keep smiling

Leon

You would be focusing on the DFF3 which is pretty much a FCV1150 in a black box format. The DFF3 will work with either the TZT or the TZT2. If you go with the FCV1150, you CAN NOT network it with the TZT2 (only the TZT).

Thank you for that Johnny.
If I go down the path of the Dff3 will this be able to be used by both TZT2 screens?
Will TZT2 be able to be connected to a Navpilot 500/511??

Are there any major differences between going down the DFF3 & TZT2 or the DFF3 & TZTouch path?

Keep smiling

Leon

Dff3 will this be able to be used by both TZT2 screens?

YES

Will TZT2 be able to be connected to a Navpilot 500/511??

YES using the NMEA 0183 output from the TZT2. If you want the TZT2 to have heading from the pilot, you will need to build a NMEA 2000 network and use a NMEA 0183/NMEA 2000 converter (like the Furuno IF-NMEA2k2)

Are there any major differences between going down the DFF3 & TZT2 or the DFF3 & TZTouch path?

Pretty much the same except if you plan on heaving control from a SAT compass you should use the TZT.

Johnny Electron":rinoc1xd said:
Dff3 will this be able to be used by both TZT2 screens?
Pretty much the same except if you plan on heaving control from a SAT compass you should use the TZT.

I don't have an SC-30 to try it out but the sounder setup on my TZT 2 15 menu definitely has a setting for turning on heaving correction. Actually I was thinking of adding an SC-30 -- are you saying that it won't provide heaving coompensation with the TZT 2/DFF1-UHD?

That might be a new change because previously you couldn't do heaving control. Looks like you can as long as you have an external sounder and the SC30. The internal built-in sounder can not.

Back