TZT14 S/N and Updating Software

RickVicik

Furuno Fan
Since the procedure for updating TZT14 software differs depending on serial number and since the serial numbers I obtained via the "ServiceMan" procedure are quite different than the numbers in the software update documentation, I'd like to get clarification before proceeding. The numbers I got from ServiceMan for my TZT14's are 6303-0950 and 6303-0869. 6303 is greater than 4383, so should I be using the "later than 4393-1450" procedure? I'm on v3.12 and would like to upgrade to v4.02.
---rick

I do know on my TZT14 there is a radar heading line issue with the 4.02 so maybe wait till next update if thats a concern.

I have tried several times to update my TZT14 and TZT9 to the 4.02 software. I am currently on 4.01. I am attempting to use the full (or any TZT) method with an SD card. I download the full software to my PC (1.7gig) then unzip it to my SD card. Put SD card into right(also tried left) card slot and turn on TZT. it never installs the software. Just boots normally. I go into the software and it recognizes there is a card in the slot, so the unit can read the card... I have tried this on both TZT's and with different SD cards. Am I missing something?

When you open the SD card you are using do you see "NNTZT_v4.02_OS-APP_Bootable" or all the files and folders contained within that folder? You should see all the files and folders within that main folder or it will not execute.

Also note, the OS and APP software required the SD card to be formatted bootable NTFS. It is normally best formatted in the TZT unit (covered in the instructions) because using a PC can be hit and miss. Sometimes it is just easier to order the program SD card (TZT-OSA-SOF) from your dealer. ($25 list)

ah.. that's probably my problem. I have been formatting on my PC in standard FAT32. I'll switch it to NTFS and try it. If that doesn't work, I will format in on the TZT.

I though about that last night after I opened one of the txt files in the update and saw a referee to NTFS file system in it.

Back