Axis Video enconder

rmenendez

Furuno Fan
I have 2 TZT MFD's where I would like to input 4 analog engine room cameras as per manual using an Axis video encoder. The manual only lists the Axis 241Q which Axis has replaced by model P7214. Axis also makes a less expensive model where the only difference I find is the ability to display 4 streams at 30 fps for the P7212 instead of 15 fps for the P7012. As I don't need the higher fps for monitoring my engine room can I use the P7014?

Here is the current status on the video servers.

AXIS Q7404 = Compatible
AXIS 241Q = Compatible
AXIS M7014 = Not compatible
AXIS P7214 = Not compatible

Thanks for the reply. Glad I did not order the equipment that may not be compatible. Will try a spare IP camera I have and if they work may end up replacing them as its far less expensive than the compatible Axis encoder. The Axis 241Q is a discontinued product and as such I would rather not install at this time.

Hi Johnny,

Just to let you know that the information you gave me is now not current. I searched for the instructions in your website for the installation of the Axis 241Q I had to buy used. The instructions now say that both the M7014 and P7214 are valid encoders and did not even list the 241Q while the manual only lists the 241Q. The 241Q works just fine.

Rolando

The instructions now say that both the M7014 and P7214 are valid encoders

The instructions most likely require updating. The last update from our engineers said that AXIS had changed something with those units, where they are no longer compatible. (Previously used to work) Can you provide a link to the instructions you found and I will see about getting them updated?

We have done some recent testing with our current TZT software and current Axis servers. I wanted to update this thread. We have found when properly configured the following Axis video servers are compatible.

AXIS Q7404 = Compatible
AXIS 241Q = Compatible
AXIS M7014 = Compatible
AXIS P7214 = Compatible

Back