TWS and AWS always the same

A

Anonymous

And I mean exactly identical. Yet SOG seems to read correctly.

TWD and AWA differ by COG as one would expecg if SOG was zero. What cpuld cause This?

Normally TWS and AWS will read the same at the dock when you have no movement. Once moving, if the unit has the required components to calculate TRUE wind speed the TZtouch will normally calculate the value itself and turn the data information "Yellow" to reflect it is having to calculate the value since your wind source isn't providing it. I would recommend opening an official support case with your Furuno distributor including all the connected equipment so they can assist you. Since the release in 2012, I haven't seen any TWS and AWS problems relating to the TZT. Normally it is due to not having a required type of data or the unit data sources not properly configured.

TWS is indeed yellow. To the best of my knowledge all needed components are in place. I'll have to contact Furuno as you suggest. Thx Johnny

Good afternoon DJK,

I am not sure if you have contacted Furuno Tech support yet but there maybe something you can try to get it working correctly. The TZT needs to have a speed reference for True Wind to work properly. I am not sure what the default reference setting is, but you could try to change the speed reference to see if it changes the wind value. The True Wind Calculation Reference can be found in the [Menu] [units]. Try changing the value, I am not sure what yours is set to, but switch to either "surface" or "ground". Surface will try to reference a speed through the water source. If your vessel does not have a speed through the water pick up that is one thing that could cause the data to be wrong.

Units.PNG

Back