Start-up problem and waypoint sharing

rmenendez

Furuno Fan
Going out fishing today and one of my 2 TZT14 would not fully boot - kept repeating the start-up sequence. Strangely, a pc type mouse arrow appeared the first time around. Unit would not turn off until I disconnected power at the electrical panel. Did this several times during which the mouse arrow did not appear but all esle the same. After several power disconnects, at least 3, I pressed the Home key when the green bar at the bottom reached the end and options appeared to, sort off, erase configuration and reboot. After doing this system did start up again correctly and some configuration had to be redone. What could have caused this misbehavior?

Another problem I found, albeit from being somewhat new to the TZT, is that I entered a waypoint and it would not appear on both TZT units. I entered the point at the non-problematic unit and at the end I had to re-enter in the other unit. Is this normal or is there a configuration option I have yet to find. Up to now I have been using a PC with Maxsea for all my fishing waypoints so new to the TZT14 in this regard.

Thank you

What could have caused this misbehavior
I couldn't speculate but power and grounding are very important on these systems. If it continues, please contact our techs so we can find out what might be going on.

I entered a waypoint and it would not appear on both TZT units.
Each TZT should share both active and normal waypoints. If they aren't; please ensure both units are on the same software version and both setup for the same time offset.

Checked today and I think I found the problem with the waypoint - I only had one TZT up when entering it while the other was doing its funny thing. Tried entering points again today with no problems on either TZT. Will have installer check ground but strange as both use the same breaker box.

Back