Auto Depth Range

MikeR13

Furuno Super Fan
When I change my depth range to automatic my depth range jumps a range between 0 and like 2000 feet even when I am in like 30 feet so I'm forced to run my depth in manual. Is there any way to fix my range. Any assistance would be great.

Miker13,
When you are using any AUTO function the sounder is highly dependent on the digital readout. If you don't have a solid digital depth the sounder will start cycling through the ranges. Turbulence is the most likely cause. The way to find out is to set the sounder into a manual range and then look for gaps in the bottom when going different speeds. Turbulence will usually show up first on 50Khz and then on 200Khz. If you don't see gaps you can try resetting the Bottom Level Setting to -20.

Snips

Thanks...I have not yet tried to look for the gaps, this issue happens even when i am stopped and not trolling. What happens if I set the Bottom Level setting back further than -20 if it can even go that far. I will try those.

MikeR13,
If the Bottom Level is set to low the sounder can becomes to sensitive can assume a large ball of bait is the bottom. Next time out take some screen shots using both frequencies and post them under the sounder section of the forum.

Snips

Back