Radar Compatibility

A

Anonymous

Would a 2007, 12 KW radar, powered with an RPU015 black box system be compatitble in any way with a new TZTouch2 ? I'm not sure the model number on the power unit. I assume the answer is no, but worth checking. I want to upgrade my MFD, but can't afford a new array and antenna. I saw this bulletin, but wasn't sure which models it was referring to. Thanks!

"""Furuno just announced that they are adding to the TZTouch line of plotters a new 12.1″ and 15.6″ MFD. These are named the Navnet TZTouch2 they mark a new era in Furuno plotters, they not only utilize the ease of the original TZTouch but they are combination MFD’s. They in clude an internal 56 channel GPS receiver and a built in 600W or 1kW sounder using their newest sonar technology called RezBoost delivering 4-8 times sharper fish targets. Existing Radars and sonar boxes are still compatible and can be added to the new TZTL12F and TZTL15F combination units. Also being shown today is the new series of Instrument Displays the FI70 which is a cosmetic match to the NavNet TZtouch, TZtouch2 and the NavPilot 711C. The FI70 features a simple, easy to use, intuitive screen with vivid colors that are highly visible in the most extreme of sunlight conditions."""""

The radars mentioned that you highlighted are the DRS sensors used with the 3D and TZT systems. Your current radar is unfortunately not compatible.

Back