Tzt 14 shows 0kt drift

Jsubzero

Furuno Fan
While fishing offshore this weekend my tzt 14 would not show me my drift speed while fishing. It will show my speed over 4kts while under way. the machine is running the latest software ver 4 and i did a clear on the machine after the update. I also did a reset on preferd data sources. before the update i was able to see my drift while fishing with no problems. whats the problem?

No matter manufacturer; GPS COG (Course Over Ground) and SOG (Speed Over Ground) are not considered valid information unless you are moving 3knots or better. Many times COG/SOG will still be reflected as best as possible even when the boat is under 3knots. It is doubtful that the change was a result of the 4.01 software but more because you didn't restore the exact settings you were using before you upgraded. The unit will go back to factory defaults unless you restore you settings you saved. If you failed to conduct a backup and can't restore settings, you might try using one of your other GPS sources or try adjusting your COG/SOG smoothing setting. I am sure once you get the settings back the way you had it; it will work as it did before.

All my boats show a sog while drift fishing. So can you be a little more specific on the settings to set on my tzt. My gps antenna is gp330 and heading sensor for auto pilot is a 700.

In the menu under initial setup you will find a setting called Data Damping. You should be able to adjust your COG/SOG there.

Back