help with selection

Capt David

Furuno Fan
First off I want to say that I'm a true blue Furuno user for close to 40 years. I'm presently removing my four nn3d units from my sportfish and replacing them. The radar is a 25kw that will stay. My fishing consists of bottom fishing structure/wrecks up to 300 feet. We run the canyons tuna fishing, and occasionally tile fishing 400-500 feet. I was going to go with TZ Touch 14 units, but I'm now considering the TZ Touch 2 15 units. My problem is the TZ Touch 2 hasn't been on the market so we have no real world experience with performance.

Based on my usage would Furuno suggest the TZT chirp or TZ Touch 2 with rezboost? I'm ready to pull the pin now, but I'm completely confused with which system is a better choice.

Thank you

Capt-
What sounder module is currently connected to the NN3D system? Are you planning on hauling the boat?

Hello Melville,

I'm not sure which module they installed 4 years ago. I will have to look when I go down.

The boat will be hauled because I'm adding an RD33 with a smart sensor for shallow water.

Capt-

Unfortunately the TZT2 has not been released yet, and we are awaiting a list of transducers that allow for the operation of RezBoast. It was the reason for my inquiry about the current sounder module connected to you NN3D system. At this point I would advise using our DFF1-UHD chirp with the B265 transducer. The TZT2, as well as the TZT, can have 2 sounder modules in the network. You would be able to switch between them.

How would the B275-LHW be versus the B265? I'm installing the DFF1-UHD. At his point I'm leaning towards the TZT14 units due to the delay.

Thank you

The TZT2 unit have arrived and dealers can now place orders. The first units will be shipping this week. Concerning your question about the transducers, I recommend a posting to the sounder topic area where Snips is very helpful.

Back