Mixing TZT and TZT 2

chtucker

Furuno Fan
I am considering either a TZT 2 15.6 or a Navnet 3D 12 into my system. I prefer the aspect ratio of the 12" screen for radar.

If I go with a TZT2, I would eliminate the DFF1 and plug the transducer into the TZT2. Will the depth sounder data show up on the TZT? I would be using the TZT9 as the primary display for the finder and the second display for radar and plotter. Will I be able to control the functions of the built TZT2 finder from the TZT?

Second question... If I decide to go with the Navnet 3d, what would be the dip switch settings be on the DFF1?

I assume I can use my TM260 with the TZT2?

Since the TZT2 hasn't hit the shelves yet and things could change; from what I know at this point in time is that If you add a TZT2 to an existing TZTouch system, the TZtouch can indeed see and operate the internal sounder of the TZT2.

If you used the DFF1 with a mixed TZT and NN3D system, the dip switch settings would be unchanged. Keep in mind that in a mixed system with the NN3D; the NN3D is boss and you would have to remove all NMEA 2000 from the TZT and move it to the NN3D. This could be problematic if using a NMEA 2000 AIS. If it were my boat, I would pick the TZT2 option.

Back