Saving carousel screens

A

Anonymous

Hi, we have a TZTouch. We are a volunteer rescue organization with several skippers, who drive our vessel who like their own screens to show, when they on board. My question is if they all have their own usb stick & export their way-points etc, does it also save the carousel screens, & set up they way they like?
Thanking you in advance. Peter Watson

Vmr1,
Thank you for you inquiry.
Exporting the waypoints & routes via USB will not accomplish your request.
However there is another possibility to accomplish this. Each captain would need to construct the screen displays that he/she prefers and then preform the backup settings function from the file operations (section 8.1 of the owners manual) onto a standard SD card. This would provide each captain a copy of their preferred screen layouts, as well as all other user settings that have been configured in the menu's. Each captain could then walk onboard and preform the import settings file function to load their preferences, Caution- This function overwrites any/all of the previously configured user settings as well. (more than just the display screen layouts)

Thank you for your reply.
That's what I was looking for.
Thank you

Hi Again,
Another question on same line.
If you have 2 screens (master and Slave) when you back up the master, can you then back up the slave on the same SD Card? Just back up master then remove SD Card then insert in slave then back up slave?
Thanks Regards
Pete

Since you can name the file when you save the backup; YES.
You could save the master backup as "MASTER" and the slave as "SLAVE" that way you know which backup is which.

Thanks again, I thought you would be able too, that's what I had in mind, but did not want to mess things up.
Regards Pete

Back