PBG for TZT2

A

Anonymous

Hi Furuno,

thank you for the opportunity to provide ideas for new products and features.

It would be great to have the option of a personal bathymetry generator for the new TZ Touch systems. I have seen that a couple of competitors now offer the feature and this would help make Furuno even more competitive.

At a minimum it would be great to have a way of colleting the data (Lat., Lon., and depth) directly with the MFD without the need for a PC. The user could then generate their own DEMs.

I would find these features very useful as I often fish and navigate the Columbia River Bar where many of the raster and vector charts are based off of ~40 year old surveys. All though the Corps maintains the navigation channel the areas outside of it have a lot of shifting sand bars. We also fish the South Jetty which is dynamic and has gone through some small but important changes over the last 12years. We also could use it in the charting and exploration of the halibut grounds on the edge of the continental shelf.

If it would help I would like to assist in development and testing, pro bono. I live in Camas less than a mile from your campus.

Thanks again for the opportunity to provide the input.

So what do you think?

Griff

I know over the years this has been considered. I personally like the idea. I will ensure product development gets your message. Thanks for posting.

I second this. This would add a huge capability to the TZT series without having to go buy the Maxsea software just to do one thing if we already have the chartplotter. I know storage capacity is a bit limited on the TZT series, so perhaps plugging in an external solid state drive into the USB socket on the back end would solve this.

I also Second this idea as i find it impractical to have a laptop or PC on a boat to make use of the PGB and other modules you get with the MaxSea. It will be great to have 1 system that can have all these features built in and will be accessible through licences paid. Another thing that i find may be very interesting is the use or incorporation of the WASSP Multibeam into the TZT2 also.

thank you.

This is a glaring omission - especially considering all major competitors offer some equivalent - even if not perfect. Not all areas of the globe are well charted - I can testify to that personally!

At the very least the possibility of loading data generated via TimeZero PBG module into a TZT2 unit, if not willing (or technically able) to support live PBG data collection by a TZT2 unit itself.

Griff":3lox0995 said:
Hi Furuno,

thank you for the opportunity to provide ideas for new products and features.

It would be great to have the option of a personal bathymetry generator for the new TZ Touch systems.

So what do you think?

Griff

Griff, we did it!

I know this is an old post, but the geniuses at Furuno worked long and difficult nights hunched over their computers to bring the most awesome PBG feature from the DFF3D to the TZT2BB in Software Version 8.01!!! :respect :jump :jump

It'll only be added on to the TZT2BB because that unit has the processing power to do it. It won't be coming to the 12" or 15" display units for now. :sorry

See my signature for details on how to upgrade today! :sail

- Maggy

Back