PBG for TZT2

Do you have some ideas or features you would like to see in our next generation of products? Here's your chance to submit your ideas to our product development team.

PBG for TZT2

Postby Griff » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:46 am

Hi Furuno,

thank you for the opportunity to provide ideas for new products and features.

It would be great to have the option of a personal bathymetry generator for the new TZ Touch systems. I have seen that a couple of competitors now offer the feature and this would help make Furuno even more competitive.

At a minimum it would be great to have a way of colleting the data (Lat., Lon., and depth) directly with the MFD without the need for a PC. The user could then generate their own DEMs.

I would find these features very useful as I often fish and navigate the Columbia River Bar where many of the raster and vector charts are based off of ~40 year old surveys. All though the Corps maintains the navigation channel the areas outside of it have a lot of shifting sand bars. We also fish the South Jetty which is dynamic and has gone through some small but important changes over the last 12years. We also could use it in the charting and exploration of the halibut grounds on the edge of the continental shelf.

If it would help I would like to assist in development and testing, pro bono. I live in Camas less than a mile from your campus.

Thanks again for the opportunity to provide the input.

So what do you think?

Griff
Griff

Re: PBG for TZT2

Postby Johnny Electron » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:29 am

I know over the years this has been considered. I personally like the idea. I will ensure product development gets your message. Thanks for posting.
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Postby Griff » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks!!
Griff

Postby Klems » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:33 pm

I second this. This would add a huge capability to the TZT series without having to go buy the Maxsea software just to do one thing if we already have the chartplotter. I know storage capacity is a bit limited on the TZT series, so perhaps plugging in an external solid state drive into the USB socket on the back end would solve this.
Klems

Return to New Product Suggestions