Fax 30 software update?

D

dsiegfried

Is there a way to update the software for the fax 30? Where would I find the updates?

Thanks,
Duane

The Fax 30 is not considered user up-gradable. Any possible upgrades would normally be done with your authorized dealer or a Furuno Service Center. Over the life of the Fax30 some hardware changes make some older units impossible to upgrade to the current software without board replacements. This would be a discussion you would have with the dealer or service center.

Is there any specific version of FAX30 required to work with Navnet 3D running the new v2.13 ? Since i upgraded to 2.13 the Navnet can no longer open the FAX30 page (the PC can).

I use to have the same issue while upgrading to 2.11 i sincerely hope that the 2.11 problem has not been carried into 2.13.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1755&p=9176&hilit=fax#p9176

Could someone confirm the FAX30 version requirement for 2.13?

thanks

Your question is probably better worked direct with tech support. As the thread you found there have been hardware changes to the Fax 30 over the years. When they moved to the NN3D the minimum software required for the FAX30 was 0850189-5.01. Later when NN3D got to version v2.11; there was a communication problem with talking to the Fax30 so it required upgrade to 0850189-8.01. If you have v8.01 and was working with NN3D v2.11 it should work with v2.13.

Update of the Fax30 requires either software or software and hardware depending on the age of the unit. Neither is able to be done by end users. It would need to be done by a dealer or the factory service center. You might use your PC talking to the Fax30 to find where the software currently at.

Hello reading from the test menu i got:
0850188-01
0850189-05

Do i have the correct version? My Fax30 was working fine with 2.11 but with 2.13 the MFD cannot see it and as soon as the MFD is on, i lost access to it from the PC.

thanks

You have version 5.01. Although it will normally talk the NN3D it can be problematic with the communication freezing. As I said before, version 8.01 came out back when 2.11 came out for the NN3D. I highly doubt downgrading from 2.13 to 2.11 will accomplish anything for you. I suspect that the NN3D is taking over talking to the FAX30 and this is why the PC can't talk to it with the NavNet on. The FAX30 is designed to be used with a Navnet or a PC but not both at the same time. If the Fax30 works with the PC then it is functional. You can either remove it from the NavNet network and use the PC, or send the unit in for software update so that it is up to speed to talk to the NN3D. Because you have 5.01; there isn't any hardware upgrade required so that is good news.

Thanks so much Johnny you're the best ! I'm lazy i purchased a USB Ethernet adaptor to add to the one already on the laptop and i thus have the 2 physical adresses on two physical links (not bridged) for both the Navnet 3D connectivity with TZ Explorer and the Furuno FAX30. Works like a charm this way and the best is that i can have TZ Explorer on and at the same time look at my weather charts.

If ever i change mind i know i can send the FAX30 for software update only.

:furuno

Both USA offices are open 8am to 5PM; Monday- Friday. The East Coast office is on EST and the West Coast office is on PST. Because of the time diffrence there is support available 12 hours each week day, except holidays. Many of our authorized dealers offer business hours on the weekend.

Back