Vessel Name Change

TonyTrak

Hello. I am new to Furuno and new to the forum. Just bought a new to me vessel with Navnet3D and FA-50. The mmsi is the same but I want to change the vessel name on ais. Asks me for a user name and password. Where do I get this?

Thanks
Tony

Furunoservice. Does not fit in the login name field. It was pre-populated with “service”. Password “fa50” does not work. Any other ideas?

My guess is you are trying to get into the service area that has a different password for only authorized dealers. (don't do that)

If you are trying to get into the user area to change your MMSI and boat name, the password should work. If not then someone might have changed it and the unit might need to be factory reset, so you can start over.

Capture909.JPG

Question, I just installed a used FA50 into a NN3 network.

I was able to login though the NN3 system menu to the FA50 using the keypad selector displayed by FA50 through the NN3 screen.

The MMSI field was all zeros, the boatname and call sign were blank.

I was then able to enter by boat name in the boatname but am unable to enter an MMSI number into the MMSI field. If I try and erase the zeros with the back arrow key, I exit out of the FA50 screen back to NN3, if I try and type any number or letter into the MMSI fiel nothing happens.

Is there an additional secret needed to get an MMSI in there?

Hey Tony, did you ever get an answer on entering the mmsi? I’m having the same issue - hit the backspace and it exits back to the main screen.
Thanks, Gary

Back