TZT - GP1870F - Yamaha Command Link Communication

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
After much consideration I'm not going to use a combined NN3D and TZT system. I've removed the MFD8 altogether and will install a PSU017 along with the TZT9. To be able to run two sounders I'm considering a GP1870F and also removing the DFF1.

I'll be purchasing a DFF3D and a Navpilot 711C/OB soon and have some questions regarding communication between the TZT and Command Link mainly but also the GP1870F. By dropping the MFD8 I'll lose my NMEA0183 communication so I'll need to buy an IF-NMEA2K2. Prior to the NN3D to TZT system change I had GPS (time and speed) and temp data going to my Command Link via NMEA0183. I also had N2K engine data from Command Link going to the MFD via the Yamaha gateway.

Edited to ask another question. If the Navpilot is on the N2K network, can it pass the GPS (time and speed) and temp data over to NMEA0183? This could eliminate the need for the IF-NMEA2K2.

I'm assuming all the Yamaha N2K engine data will come over to the TZT just as it did with the MFD8. To get GPS (time and speed) and temp to Command Link I'm assuming the IF-NMEA2K2 will handle that fine (unless the Navpilot can do it).

Also, if I connect the GP1870F to the N2K network will I be able to use the GP330B in lieu of the internal antenna? Can I dispaly temp from both the directly connected transducer and from the DFF3D transducer? Or at least one or the other. I'm also assuming that all the instrument and engine data functionality of the GP1870F can be used. I noticed that the TZT does not display water pressure, which the MFD8 did in its engine display.

Thanks in advance for any information.

If the Navpilot is on the N2K network, can it pass the GPS (time and speed) and temp data over to NMEA0183? This could eliminate the need for the IF-NMEA2K2.

Yes, the Navpilot 700 series can act as an 0183 to 2000 (and vice versa) translator for most items but not everything. I always recommend looking at the full input and output PGN/0183 list on the specifications page. For example the pilot would not translate AIS. It will surely accept and translate position and speed (SOG).

I'm assuming all the Yamaha N2K engine data will come over to the TZT just as it did with the MFD8. To get GPS (time and speed) and temp to Command Link I'm assuming the IF-NMEA2K2 will handle that fine (unless the Navpilot can do it).

Yes, with the TZT showing more engine items overall than the NN3D offered.

Also, if I connect the GP1870F to the N2K network will I be able to use the GP330B in lieu of the internal antenna?

Yes you can have the GP1870F use NMEA 2000 source of GPS and not connect the included coax, if you want.

Can I dispaly temp from both the directly connected transducer and from the DFF3D transducer?

The TZT has a DATA SOURCES setup page that allows you to pick which source of temp you would like to have as primary. It can be switched in this menu at any time you want.

I'm also assuming that all the instrument and engine data functionality of the GP1870F can be used.

Yes, if it on your NMEA 2000 bus it will also have access to your Engine PGNs.

Back