Any "tested" N2K VHF radios with TZT

chtucker

Furuno Fan
I have had a bad experience with a Lowrance Link8 NMEA2000 radio. It does not receive DSC calls consistently. I am 1000% confident in my N2K network, my antenna etc. I have a Standard Horizon VHF side by side and it ALWAYS receives DSC calls, even after swapping antennas back and forth. I am convinced that the Lowrance radio is the problem.

Has Furuno tested any of the N2k capable VHF radios with a TZT plotter and ensured their compatibility/functionality? Specifically the ICOM 506 or the Standard Horizon GX6000/6500? I want Emergency DSC calls to display on my plotter.

Thanks!

Howard

chtucker,

I have personally been on a boat with an ICOM506 feeding AIS data to a TZT with no issue. With the GX6500 being so new I have not had the opportunity to test one yet. The specs seem to read as if it will work, but I haven't actually gotten my hands on one to test it and know for sure. The best way to answer your question is to say that the 506 is your best choice at the moment.

Stickman

Thank you! I do not need the AIS as I am running a FA-150. I am most interested in DSC emergencies. I have a Lowrance Link 8 radio that intermittently receives DSC calls and the emergency DSC calls have never shown up on the plotter. The early version of the Link 8 radio doesn't seem to be well proven with N2K

Woohoo! I have ordered an FM-4800 now that it has been released. I have high hopes that direct from the plotter DSC calls will be made available for the TZT. TZT2 is shown as planned, or allready integrated.

Any word if DSC calls from the TZT will be done in a future software update?

Back