Old Furuno instruments, can I network?

A

Anonymous

My boat came with some great working Furuno gear!

LS-600 depth sounder
1721 Radar with CRT
GP32 GPS Navigator

My understanding is that all these units date from the 2000-2002 timeframe. It seems like the GP32 is still being sold (wow!) but the others are discontinued. All have NMEA 0183 connections.

Will these instruments integrate with a modern Furuno Chart Plotter? It seems like the radar NMEA port in particular may be input only. The brochure mentions the option for a second display (FMD811), is there someway that data output could be used?

Alternatively, are there (more) modern display/drive units that could power the radome and also send data to an MFD?

I'd like to someday replace all these things, but ideally network them with a new MFD now and then replace over time.

Thanks for your help.

The only unit that can be used with a current MFD will be the GP32. It can used to send NMEA0183 position and SOG and COG.
The LS6000 was a single frequency sounder and although it could possibly send 0183 digital depth it probably uses up too much space for such a basic function.
Unfortunately we no longer offer any MFD that can utilize any components to your existing radar.

Back