FI-30 Series upgrade to ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Because of some damage made by water in my yacht, I consider to upgrade my old FI-30 Series Instruments.
I have in use following:
- Wind Sensor FI-3003
- S/T Sensor FI-3002
- Depth Tranduser FI-3001
- Fluxgate Compass FI-3004
- Server FI-3005
- GPS GP-31
- analog Wind Angle FI-306
- two multi control displaies FI-301
additionally
- Heading Sensor PG-500, that was connected to the Autopilot FAP511

So, I am going to replace:
- autopilot into NAVpilot - 711C
- two multi control displaies into two FI-70
- additionally will add Junctionbox FI-5002 to connect the NAVpilot-711C with FI-70

The questions are:
- how I can connect the NMEA 0183 signal from Server FI-3005 with the Junctionbox FI-5002?
- can I use PG-500 with NAVpilot-711C, do I need any special connection?
- does the upgraded instalation would work well and fast?

Any advise will be much appreciated.Thanks in advance.

To be more precise, the question is if I can connect the Server FI-3005, through IF-NMEA2K2, to Junctionbox FI-5002?
Does FI-5002 will read NMEA0183 data of heading and wind?

wlad-
The FI30 instruments were never carried or imported by Furuno USA.
The FI5002 is essentially an NMEA2000 backbone made to simplify installations. It doesn't recognize or convert data. For that you would need an 0183 to N2K converter like our IF-NMEA2K2.
FYI-The Navpilot 711C accepts both NMEA0183 and N2K.

I would suggest that you consider replacing the entire FI30 series as it is no longer made and the band aide approach might not be very economical. If you are not located in the USA or Canada I would suggest contacted the local Furuno distributor for assistance. If you let us know where you are located we can advise.

Hi Melveille,
thank you for reply.
I would like to be sure that I understand it, before will spend money.
For sure I will buy Navpilot 711C, two FI-70 and FI5002. I understand that the FI5002 is an NMEA200 backbone.
My understanding is that the Server FI-3005 is kind of NMEA0183 backbone, am I right?
If so can I connect the Server FI-3005, through IF-NMEA2K2, to FI-5002? Would such connection, unable Navpilot711C and Fi-70 reading data from NMEA0183 side?
Sorry for my stupid question if it is obvious.

wlad-

I have no knowledge with regards to the FI-3005 as it was never a product sold in the USA.
I will ask one of our technicians if they can possibly answer this as they might have information.

As long as your FI-30 series hub is functional and can output NMEA 0183, your plans should work fine. The 0183 should translate fine using the Furuno IF-NMEA2k2 converter to get the NMEA 2000 you need. As Melville said, these units were never sold in the USA. If the hub goes bad, then the FI-30s themselves become not compatible. Take good care of that FI-30 hub.

Hello Johnny,
thank you for the information.
Could you advice in according to the NavPilot 711C.
Can I connect the Heading Sensor PG-500 (that is NMEA0183) directly to Processor FAP-7002 and than FAP-7002 to Junctionbox FI-5002?

Best regards
wlad

The PG500 can be used with the 700 series but the pilot works better if using the PG700 that comes with the pilot.

Yes you can connect the pilot CANbus (TB11) to the FI-5002 if that is what you are planning.

HI
Can I use the wind transducer of the FI-30 sistem FI306 with the FI5001 series
thank you

My FL3003 Wind Sensor has stopped working. I have now bought a new Sensor the FL5001. Can I display wind data on my old RL30 Wind Data display? How do I connect the FL 5001 to display wind data on my TZT2 plotter?

The Fi-5001 sensor is not compatible with the old FI30 series. The FI30 was a re-branded product that was never sold by Furuno USA. The FI50 series is a total different animal. The only way to use FI30 data to more modern units is to pull off the 0183 data from the server box. Any parts of the FI30 need to be that from from the FI30. You can't mix parts or systems. You can interface (using the 0183) but that is it. If you are going to us the FI5001 wind sensor with your TZT2, it would normally be connected to the IF-NMEAFI interface, then connected to the same NMEA 2000 backbone as the TZT2 unit connects. Then everything on that NMEA 2000 bus will have access to that wind information.

Hello
I am Sailing in africa ,in Indian Océan,and my boat is équiped with furuno FI30
All is well with ,but thé screen of thé FI30 multicontrol is dead because thé sun destroyed the liquid Crystal So now,it s no more enough visible to read
So if somebody is interisting to sell me an used display of furuno FI30 multifonctions i will be very happy to get it
Tank you for any answer
The unit coule be send to France or Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back