nmea 2000-analog IF-NMEAIF

A

Anonymous

I purchased an RD 33 for my boat and would like to begin converting my engine temps, fuel consumption and alternator data. Will the IF-NMEAIF converter do this? I have perkins 6.354 diesels.

You would need to see the Perkins can provide standard NMEA 2000 data. Many newer engines are offering it or an optional converter to provide NMEA 2000 data. Once you have NMEA 2000 data it would be a matter of putting the data onto a NMEA 2000 bus with your RD33.

I believe your engine is too old to have any NMEA outputs. I can find nothing on line that indicates Perkins ever offering output to translate into NMEA0183 or NMEA2000.

Can I use the IF-NMEAIF converter to translate the data from my older engines to NMEA 2000? And does this converter read fuel flow scan sensors like that from Flo-Scan?

The IF converts NMEA0183 to NMEA2000 or the other way.
Neither of these formats are transmitted from what I can tell.
Maybe FloScan offers a converter for their sensors.

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't notice the title of the thread. The IF-NMEA2k2 is a NMEA 0183 to/from NMEA 2000 which is commonly confused with our IF-NMEAFI. The IF-NMEAFI is designed for several purposes but can not be used for engine data. Normally anyone using engine data will get a converter from the Engine manufacturer or purchase a converter like those offered by Maretron or Actisense.

Back