FI-70 will not switch units

lshick

I have 3 FI-70 displays (in addition to a TZT9 and TZTL12F). I cannot get the FI-70's to change units-of-measure. When I get to the units page as described in section 4.11, point at the relevant unit (distance) and press the Function key, I get 3 beeps. This happens on all 3 of the units.

What am I doing wrong?

lshick,
Since you have three FI70's, its sounds like all three are set up in the same group. With that being said, one FI70 is the "master" and the other two are the "sub" units.
When you have multiple FI70's in the same group, you can only change settings on the FI70 that is set to "master".
To find out which one is the master, simply navigate to the System Menu and verify what the "sharing" settings is set to (either master, sub, or stand alone)

So to recap, when multiple FI70's are in the same group, you can only change settings on the FI70 that is set to "master". Once the change has been selected, then that change will also carry over to any other FI70's in the same group.

That turned out to be pretty close. All 3 FI70's were "sub" because there is a TZT2 unit in the network. For whatever reason, the TZT2 setting for "distance units" (NM) was not getting propagated to 2 of the FI70's (which were showing NM,yd). (Was it supposed to?) The 3rd FI70 showed NM as desired.

I brought up the net with the TZT2 off, switched one of the FI70's to "master," and adjusted the units so all FI70's use NM. When I turned on the TZT2, the one FI70 that was "master" was relegated to "sub," but the changes I made to the "distance units" seem to persist, so (leaving aside the "whatever reason" in the first paragraph) we can call it good enough.

Thank you for your help.

Back