IF-NMEA 2k2

A

Anonymous

Can I hook up two GPS sources to one IF-NMEA 2k2 device?
I would like to hook up both a GP-330B and GP-33 sources via one backbone and then convert to 0183 to feed to legacy equipment. Will the IF-NMEA 2k2 see the PGN's and convert both GPS sources to 0183? Just concerned that there may some conflicting data and toggling between the two GPS sources.

Will the IF-NMEA 2k2 select and prioritize N2K source?

Thanks for any advice. :oops:

No you can't put two NMEA sources together into the same input without them shorting together. If you want to blend two NMEA sources you are looking for what is call a NMEA combiner.

Hi Johnny,

I think you may have misunderstood or I may not have worded my concerns properly. I am aware that you cannot have to talkers into one listener. I want to know if I have to GPS sources (N2K) on a single N2K network, connected to a IF-NMEA 2K2, will it output conflicting NMEA0183 GPS data. Surely the IF-NMEA 2K2 will see a GPS PGN and then just spit it out into 0183...?

It will only convert the GPS data of one unit from the NMEA 2000 bus. If you have a TZT or TZT2, the selected device will be based on the selection in the TZT/TZT2 units Input sensor selection screen.

Back