SC30 with IF-NMEASC

GWB

Furuno Fan
Hello.
The cable supplied with the SC30 has a built in termination resister. The IF-NMEASC box is not supplied with a resister for its end. The wiring I have is cable supplied with SC30 direct to IF-NMEASC box. Do I need to source a termination resister and install it on the IF-NMEASC end?
Thanks

The cable supplied with the SC30 has a built in termination resister
This isn't correct unless you had the dealer swap out the normal drop cable for one that has it built in.

The IF-NMEASC box is not supplied with a resister for its end.
This is also incorrect. The IF-NMEASC has built in termination that can not be removed. This is because when using this interface it is a special bus between the SC30 and the interface and can no longer be used on a NMEA 2000 network. Basically it because an 0183 NMEA and AD10 device when the proper terminated backbone cable and the IFNMEASC.

The wiring I have is cable supplied with SC30 direct to IF-NMEASC box. Do I need to source a termination resister and install it on the IF-NMEASC end?
If you have the normal drop cable that comes with the SC30, you need to replace it for the proper terminated backbone cable that is used when choosing the IFNMEASC option.

Thanks for that. I used the optional 15m cable that is available for the SC30. I believe this has the resister built in. The part number is 000-166-891

Correct. That optional cable has the required transistor needed when interfacing with the IF-NMEASC. The IFNMEASC has the built in second termination and provides needed power to the SC30. At this point, you have an AD10 and 0183 heading device from the IFNMEASC.

One last question: the sc30 has the latest software version installed (3.02) The if-nmeasc has version 2.01 installed. Is this a problem?
Thanks

No the software of the SC interface is completely different than what is used in the SC30 itself. You should have no issues.

Back