SC30 loses heading in rough seas

GWB

Furuno Fan
Works fine in port and calm conditions, but will completely fail to output heading in rough seas. Will stay off (no heading output) for about 10 minutes, then give heading, then drop out again.
I have tried to adjust the update times to 200msec to see if that would help, but the SC30 will not retain the new values. Instructions say change value and then cycle power to the SC30 for new setting to take effect, but this does not work. No matter what I do the 100 msec values are always there when I reconnect using the SC TOOL software.
Pictures show mounting and SC30 tool software screens. Added two more in next post as only 3 pictures allowed per post

IMG_1235[1]_edited-2.jpg

IMG_1234[1].jpg

IMG_1233[1].jpg

The SC30 having GPS blocked/NG (No Good) would be something to resolve. It looks like the antenna is getting some GPS blockage where it is mounted. I would also recommend updating the software to the newest. Japan recently in the last few weeks released new software for the SC30. Working with your Furuno dealer, I am sure you can get it resolved.

Back