GPS 32 to Raymarine Seatalk older version

A

Anonymous

Trying to get the data (SOG and COG) to repeat on my Raymarine st 60 instruments. Any help would be very much appreciated. Sadly I must live with the Raymarine junk until the central bank lets me upgrade to Furuno. The peocess sso far has seen me trash the Ray radar. ploter, and depth, and now the GPS. If I can just get a bank bailout I will replace the rest of that ray rubbish and pitch a party when I deep six them.

I have found that normally it requires the Raymarine NMEA 0183 to Seatalk converter to properly interface them. The GP32 offers both RS232 and RS422 NMEA level outputs. I would suspect that you would need to use the RS422 (White +, Blue -) to wire to the Seatalk converter. You might want to ask Raymarine to verify.

I have the NEMA adaptor box and it does work for some things (I have my reserve handhelp wired into it) but does not seem to work in this case. The GPS data is going through the box as it appears on the Maxsea but does not appear on any of the instruments. As to Raymarine help...forget that lot. They give standard answer number 3, without even asking the questions needed to understand the problem. That is one reason - among many - why I am phasing out all their rubbish. Sorry for the rant and thanks for the help.

Unless the NMEA adaptor box is a NMEA 0183 to Seatalk converter, I wouldn't expect it to work. You will need something to convert into the proprietary Seatalk format.

I have sucessfully used a Raymarine E85001 (ST60+ Graphic) SeaTalk to NMEA0183 converter to display ST60 wind information on my Furuno MFD12.

Thanks guys, It is the Raymarine adaptor box (NEMA to Seatalk) The one they charge a bomb for. It is working for some parts of the system (raymarine to Maxsea etc). Just can't get the instruments to see the SOG and COG which does show up on the Maxsea. My Furuno MFD also has a dedicated GPS so if you could perhaps suggest a work around from that one? Although I would rather use the GPS 32 for power consumption reasons. Again thanks for the help. Guess what I need here is a wiring for dumies drawing. I should mention that the wind data does show up on the Maxsea, but that is Raymarine out not the other way around.

The GP32 has three data sentence sets. (REM1,REM2, and AP)
You will find the setting under MENU - I/O Setup.
You might try using AP as your output setup to see if it makes a difference.

Back