Adding second display

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have a Radar pkg md 1833c(RSB0071),circa 2005,with RDP 139 display,network sounder ETR-6/10N, GPS receiver GP-320 B, Triducer md B744V(525 ST-MSD. Can I install second display from sounder ETR-6/10N via Nema and which display is recommended for this system. Second display would be used primarily as plotter or split screen if possible. Regards.

These systems are network-based, therefore, you can add another RDP139 or a RDP149/NT and possibly a HUB or switch. You wouldn't/cannot use NMEA from the ETR6/10N (aka BBFF1) because it is a network device only. Also, NMEA wouldn't provide a fish finder picture on your second display...only digital data for a data box. If you add a HUB or switch to connect the two displays and the BBFF1, then both displays could use the fish finder with picture and GPS position data. If an RDP149 is used, the chart card data between the RDP139 and 149 would not transfer, so if you wanted chart plotting capability on the second display, you'd need a chart card for the 149.

Thanks for the reply, I may look for a RDP 139, how is a hub hooked into the system. Regards.

Both displays and the BBFF1 will connect to a hub or switch using Ethernet cables. All of these devices have the Furuno 6-pin connector for their Ethernet/network ports, so one would need to install NAVnet network cables. An authorized dealer can get you set up with everything you need. If you don't know of one in your area, please use our dealer locator at http://www.furunousa.com/Support/DealerLocator.aspx

With my current NV system, could I use MFD8 as a second display or what upgrades would I have to do. Also could you advise options for 2nd display.

No. NAVnet1 and NAVnet vx2 systems cannot be on the same network with a NAVnet 3D (MFD8 in your case) or a TZ Touch system. The only option for a second display would be any NN1 or NN2 display/processor. The only display we still sell is the 10.4" NAVnet 2. You may find a NAVnet 1 7" or 10.4" or NAVnet vx2 7" on the used market.

Back