RD-33 Depth Display

A

Anonymous

I have a RD-33 repeater connected to a FE-700 echo sounder via a FE-702 distribution box using NMEA 0183. I have the FE-700 setup to display depth below keel but the RD-33 will only show depth below surface. I have checked in the RX data section of the I/O menu and it is showing the correct depth below keel but the display is not.

Has anyone got any suggests? Have I missed a configuration parameter somewhere?

Many thanks in advance.

Robbie

First I would ensure your depth source setting has been setup for NMEA 0183. (Para 5-3)
You might want to see if there is a depth offset or you might need to add one. (Para 7-2)
I would also recommend checking that you do not have PGN TX setting "On" or if you are running the newest software it will be called Data Source Sync. This setting should be OFF in almost all cases.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your reply.

We are outputting using NMEA 0183 from the FE-700 and all other listeners are displaying the correct depth below keel without an offset. Speaking with our sister ship she has no offset and the depth is displaying correctly there. What is confusing me is why the RX data is showing the correct depth below keel but the the display is showing depth below surface. I am assuming the FE-700 is txing DBS, DPT, DBK and DBT sentences. When setting up the depth display on the RD-33 there is no option to select which sentence to display. The manual simply says it displays on a priorty basis in the following order DPT>DBT>DBS>DBK.

If your data source is wrong in the RD33, you might not even be really looking at the depth from the FE700. Please check the settings previously recommended. You might also want to ensure that the RD33 isn't in Demo/Simulation giving you fake info.

I have confirmed that all available NMEA depth related sentences are being transimtted by the FE-702 to the RD-33. I have performed a factory reboot of the RD-33 and reconfigured the custom display for depth only which not resolution of the issue.

My guess is that it is using the wrong sentence, is there no way to specify which NMEA sentence it will use?

Thanks for the advice.

No, normally you send it one source of Depth and it shows it. You can not pick the exact NMEA sentence you wish to have it process within the RD33.

Back