711 in Wind mode

svjeorgia

I got to use the 711 in wind mode for a few hundred offshore miles recently. It did a good job of driving the boat. What is the best way to reduce the response so it is a little more relaxed in its course keeping?
Plus a comment: the dial knob in wind mode is setup backwards. If you are on a port tack, wind over the port side, and you wish to turn further to port, you have to turn the dial clockwise, ie to starboard. Rotating clock wise reduces the apparent wind angle number, thus turning to the wind, port. Why clockwise reduces the number is beyond me.

I haven't got any experience using Wind Mode on the water, but I will report your findings on the knob. When looking at the rudder angle on the display is it reflecting to the correctly? When using the control unit is your body facing the bow? Are you running the most current software? I am glad to hear that you like the performance. We have received a lot of good feedback about the Wind Mode. Concerning the desire to reduce the response a bit; have you tried ECO mode?

>I haven't got any experience using Wind Mode on the water, but I will report your findings on the knob.
I think it is just setup backwards.
>When looking at the rudder angle on the display is it reflecting to the correctly?
Yes
> When using the control unit is your body facing the bow?
Yes, at the wheel
>Are you running the most current software?
This is a new install. Processor 1.14, Controller 1.07
> I am glad to hear that you like the performance. We have received a lot of good feedback about the Wind Mode. Concerning the desire to reduce the response a bit; have you tried ECO mode?
I'll try ECO next time I get a chance

Paul

Back