711c ob new Nav Pilot????

diad

I am getting ready to install 711c OB on my twin outboard boat. I would like to take advantage of the Fish Hunter feature. I understand that a new release of Nav Pilot will not require the rudder reference. Is this true and when will that product be released?

Thanks,

To be clear to all readers, the NP700 series doesn't require a RRU for many boats but you do lose many of the Fish hunter patterns, unless you have one. The new NP300 due out soon will be able to support all the Fish Hunter Modes without the RRU. Exact release hasn't been determined but I understand the target is early May.

Johnny Electron":14tm1q8u said:
To be clear to all readers, the NP700 series doesn't require a RRU for many boats but you do lose many of the Fish hunter patterns, unless you have one. The new NP300 due out soon will be able to support all the Fish Hunter Modes without the RRU. Exact release hasn't been determined but I understand the target is early May.

I purchased the 711C because I really liked the fishhunter idea. After installation, was disappointed that the fishhunter option was bascially shut off with the Fathom Feedback system.

So is there any hope that the 711C will have a software upgrade to get the FishHunter available without having to install an RRU? From what I'm reading the 300 series supports FishHunter without a RRU.

I would think the FAP7002 processor is a better unit than the FAP3012 and could handle the FishHunter mode w/o an RRU. That would make that system top of the line for boats that are outboards. really do not want to add an RRU to an outboard system

Back