711C Display viewing angle

RBDawg

I'm installing a couple of 7011C autopilot controllers. It would be very helpful to know the range of viewing angles, both horizontal and vertical, that will deliver optimal visibility.

One controller is going on a a vertical panel above eye level, so I will be looking at it from maybe 30 degrees below straight on. The other one will be on a horizontal dash, in direct sun, so I would be viewing it from 45 to 60 degrees below straight on. The same question applies to TZT2 displays. Should I expect problems with these locations?

These specifications are well known to the display designers and the LCD suppliers. Can anyone tell me what they are?

Thanks!

You should have no problem with 30 degrees. I found once past about 45 there is some "bleaching" but overall I could see it well enough at 90 side to side and up and down. Bright daylight might make things more difficult. Maybe a forum user will share their experience. The TZT2 is very bright as has a viewing angle adjustment in the General settings if you need it. I don't expect you will have problems there.

Back