Networking to Yamaha Helm Master-TZtouch2

flowmotion

Furuno Fan
I will be using a TZtouch2 and would like to interface to the Yamaha Helm Master system to view engine data. From what I have read it typically takes a Yamaha interface consisting of: Interface unit 6YG-8A2D0-00 and wire lead 6YG-82521-00.

Are those interface devices also required for the Helm Master system or does Helm Master output the necessary information directly to the NEMA 2000 bus?

Same question re the Yamaha engine hub. Is that required or supplied with the Helm Master?

I am also confused about Fish Hunter mode for the 711C/OB autopilot. From what I am reading it is limited or not available due to the use of Fantum Feedback. Does this still apply to the Helm Master?

Thank you

What is supplied with the Helm Master and what is needed to get NMEA 2000 data is something you should ask Yamaha.

The NavPilot 700 series will not offer fish hunter unless you have a rudder feedback installed, even when interfaced with the Helm Master. You can always add a rudder feedback to gain that feature.

I just received the Yamaha Helm Master Furuno interface kit.
I can confirm all the required hardware is included for interface with the Furuno auto pilot.

I still don't know if engine data is available for display on the TZtouch2.

In the installation manual it says: The TZTL will automatically detect engines and tanks connected to the same network.

In the operators manual it says: When interfaced with a Yamaha outboard engine compatible with Command Link ..., the NavNet TZtouch2 can display engine information ...

As per my first post, I assume a Yamaha gateway must be installed to "connect to the network" containing the TZtouch2 UNLESS the Furuno autopilot interface passes engine data to the network. That was my question.

Thank you for the information on rudder feedback. I am not sure this will work with the Helm Master as each engine is independent. Hopefully Furuno can figure out how to use engine position data from the Helm Master to provide the additional autopilot functionality.

Back