Nav Pilot 711c Wiring

CQuestII

Furuno Fan
I need some help with wiring my new Nav Pilot 711c. I have just purchased a complete new system - 2 -tz2 15's, 1-12" tz2, DRS12AX radar and 711c. My problem is the auto pilot is not seeing the PG700 heading sensor. I wired it into my 2nk network directly. I have also connected the tz2's into the 2nk network. I think my problem is I need to connect the 7002 processor to the N2K network. How do I do this? I was going to cut off the end of a n2k drop cable and splice into which port on 7002? what color wires to which pin?

Do I need to make any PGN adjustments on my TZ2's to see the heading data?

Good morning CQuestII,

Thank you for your inquiry and congratulations on your new package.

Yes the FAP7002 also needs to be connected to the N2K backbone. Once that is done it should be able to see all the data available that is on the backbone. You are right about cutting off the connector on one end of the cable. Please make sure you double check what connector gets cut depending on how you have the backbone "T's" setup.

The location on the FAP7002 to connection to N2K is TB11. See photo below.
TB11.JPG

The wire color pin out is below.
Wire Color.JPG

On the TZT2 units you will need to choose the source of heading data from the menu. Go to "Settings" then "Initial Setup." From there go to "Data Acquisition" and choose the PG700 for heading.

C-Bass

One other question, Do I need to provide any other Nema data to the TZ2 displays to have radar overlay on the chart plotter?

Good afternoon,

As long as the TZT2 displays can use the PG700 via the N2K connection you should be all set. In order for the TZT2 displays to do radar overlay it needs a source of fast heading. The PG700 and N2K fulfill that requirement.

Back