Navpilot 700 and Mamba drive

M

Mandarine

Are there any specific requirements for the Navpilot 700 to control the Mamba 1 HP 24VDC 25 A electric drivemotor with a 24 VDC 2 A clutch. The 700 was installed to replace the Robertson AP20.
The result is disappointing as the 700 does not recognize the clutch and will not always complete the dock side setup. Messages are : deadband to big or overload. Manyally setting the deadband results in overload messages. Sometimes the test will complete but when dodging the rudder runs to excessive angles and then suddenly wants to return which again creates an overload situation. Drive motor was taken out to check but is working fine.

Mandarine,

Can you please let me know what is the specific model number Mamba Drive that is onboard, you are attempting to interface with the NAVPILOT 700..?

Deep Blue - :think

The Whitlock/Lewmar partnumber is 89300064. I investigated with Jefa in Denmark in search for replacement of the Mamba and they claim that due to the lack of speed control ( Pulse Width Modulation ) and dynamic braking ( shorting the motor wires ) interfacing with the Navpilot 700 is not advisable??

At the present time the NavPilot wouldn't be an option for you. Our engineers are working on changes that might change that in the future. I will PM you some additional information.

Back