711C/OB Questions

A

Anonymous

I was looking at installing a 711C/OB on my 26' bay boat (single 300) however in reading the manual it states it is for boats 30'-80'. Is this autopilot not recommended for boats under 30'?

Does it have the ability to follow recorded tracks?

Does the power assist function like a seastar power assist would? I know you have to add the fps8 to get this function.

Thanks

JN,

Here is the following answers to your questions:

1. I was looking at installing a 711C/OB on my 26' bay boat (single 300) however in reading the manual it states it is for boats 30'-80'. Is this autopilot not recommended for boats under 30'?

Yes, you can install the 711C/OB on your 26' Bay Boat with no problems. When the manual was originally written, it was covering both applications of the 711C and 711C/OB. There should be no problems installing the Autopilot on your size of boat.

2. Does it have the ability to follow recorded tracks?

Yes, the 711C/OB has the ability to follow Waypoints/Tracklines/Routes when connected to a Plotter through the unit's NMEA0183 or CANBUS Ports

3. Does the power assist function like a seastar power assist would? I know you have to add the fps8 to get this function.

Yes, the FPS8 is Furuno's version of Power Assist when connected to a HRP Pump. The FPS8 Module provide Safe Helm and Power Assist steering functionality for any vessel with hydraulic steering.

Hope this answers all your questions..?
:D - Deep Blue

I did come across two other questions. I read where when arriving at a way point the unit will sound a 5 sec alarm. It seems that following a recorded track line this could happen very often. I'm I understanding this correct?

Also, the manual reads like the power assist is only available under 10 kn. Is this correct?

Thanks

"I did come across two other questions. I read where when arriving at a way point the unit will sound a 5 sec alarm. It seems that following a recorded track line this could happen very often. I'm I understanding this correct?

Also, the manual reads like the power assist is only available under 10 kn. Is this correct?"

jm,

Yes, all the FAP711C/OB Alarms can be adjusted from Short, Long, or Continuous. These settings can be found in the Alarm Menu, where you can also adjust the Arrival Alarm and Setting Range.

The Power Assist is factory defaulted for speed under 10 knots for safety, but you can adjust this setting to a maximum of 25 knots. Just keep in mind when the power assist activates at high speed, the vessel can turn faster than intended, including less effort to do so.

Deep Blue - :capt

Back