Seastar Optimus EPS and 711C/OB

A

Anonymous

Is the Furuno 711C/OB compatible with the Seastar Optimus EPS system? If so is there anything else I need to buy besides the 711C/OB?

No not yet. We have a Volvo and Yamaha interface but not the Optimus. I know our product development does have it on their list.

It is available not with the NavPilot 300 and coming soon with the 700 series. Not sure exactly when that will be.

Any updates on this? Planning a Twin Mercury Verado build with Furuno 711 autopilot within the end of the year. Hoping this is compatible with seastar by then

Yes the NP711C/OB can interface with the Optimus. We have tested it and it works VERY well. We will be posting installation guides and sending out details to our dealers soon. You will need to purchased the IF-NMEA2k2 in addition to the the pilot to act as an interface to the SeaStar Optimus bus. You will need to upgrade the IF-NMEA2k2 to new software for Optimus. This is easily done from a TZT or TZT2 display. If you get the system before we post the guides/information, contact tech support for details.

I just completed this. Furuno tech support was very helpful. They have a short 1-2 page document that explains wire connections and firmware versions clearly.

Hi, bumping this but asking about Mercury joystick System compatibility with any of the pilots now or in the future. Have a new build going on and am getting Merc 450s. Thanks

Apologies, maybe should've started a new thread. Was piggy-backing off of this comment of yours where you mentioned Yamaha and Volvo.

"No not yet. We have a Volvo and Yamaha interface but not the Optimus. I know our product development does have it on their list."

Wondering if Mercury JPO is also on the list.

We can interface with Optimus now. Mercury depends on the drive system. Some are electric drive and can connect to a pilot like a normal reversible pump system. I would need to know more about the drive system.

Back