NAVpilot 720 does not recognize waypoints/Nav not working

djleu

I have NAVpilot 720 connected to MaxSea. Both Auto and Nav functions used to run fine. Someone else used our boat and now I only have Auto working. On Nav, it does recognize any waypoint number. What settings do I need to check and is there a source that can provide the correct settings so the two units talk to one another. Thanks for any assistance that you might provide.

Cheers,

Don

Go into the pilot installation setup. (Hold menu and immediately hit knob 3x quickly)
Then turn knob until you see Nav Option and go into that setting and ensure your plotter being used is setup as your primary Nav source.

You are most helpful. Thank you! I followed your directions. NAVNet 720 recognizes NAVNet 3D, which is our flybridge chart plotter. It does not recognize our lower helm plotter, which is a computer running MaxSea. Any thoughts about how to get it to recognize MaxSea?

Cheers,

Don

It all depends on how it is interfaced and what modules you have purchased from MaxSea. If the maxSea is directly wired, you should be able to select the port which you have wired the PC as your secondary NavSource. Then when you wish to switch which source the pilot is using, just old the NAV button for more than three seconds while on the STBY screen. If it is connected to the Furuno network, then it sounds like the PC configuration issue and I recommend you contact Nobeltec/MaxSea.

Back