NAVpilot 511 replacement control unit ( maybe 711 ?)

A

Anonymous

Hi guys ,

great Forum first of all , here is my problem .

i am in the process of finishing rebuilding a sailboat 30 foot , it has a Furuno navpilot 511 system , FAP-5002 processor , Octopus Pump for hydraulics , Servo and the PG 500 .
now .. the FAP 5011 unit is fried / busted/ drowned beyond repair .. i can not find a new unit so im looking in to replacing . i have found a AP-7011-A , could that work ? , or could you give me an idea of what control unit i can fit to be able to use the system / or compatible ?

cheers :furuno

supereightmm,

Unfortunately the FAP7011-A will not work with a NAVPILOT 5002 Processor.

You would need to change out both the FAP5011 Control Head, along with the FAP5002 Processor, and then exchange it with the FAP7011-A Control Head with a FAP7002 Processor.

The existing PG500, FAP6112 Rudder Reference Unit, and the Pumpset with work with a FAP7002 Processor, but you need to have one to make the system operational. The FAP7011-A alone won't work with a NAVPILOT 500 System. :noway

If you are unable to locate the correct components, I would take a look at the FAP711C as a good replacement system.

Good luck..!

- Deep Blue

Thank you for your quick response , i found on the net that i could use a control unit display FAP 6011 ?, would that work with the rest of the components ? cheers

Yes, the FAP6011 will work with your current system. The difference from the 5011 was cosmetic.

Back