711C Error

Z

zundels

In nav mode I get error no. 1311 (No nav data. Wait for 1 seconds). The unit is connected to my TZT14 and it is showing the current lat/lon position in the data box on the 711C. In the manual it says to check nav data sensor. What exactly is the nav data sensor and how do I check it?

Thanks,
Bill

Are you first selecting a Go To point such as cursor, waypoint, or route on the TZT?

Yes, I am selecting a waypoint on the TZT. After I select it the TZT asks if I want to engage the autopilot and I select YES. The TZT acknowledges and then I get the error on the 711C.

The GPS antenna is connected directly to the NMEA 2000. I don't seem to have any gps signal problems with any of my other instruments.

Then it sounds like the installer didn't setup the pilot SENSOR SELECTION properly.
Ensure the TZT has the following PGNs on (Navigation data, Navigation waypoint and route data, Cross track error). The TZT should NOT put out position because that comes from your GPS. If you turn on position for the TZT you are basically telling it to pull it from the 2000 network and spit it back out. This can cause data delays and issues. Let the pilot get GPS from the GPS unit. You should also ensure that the installer setup the NAV OPTION properly in the pilot. All of these could cause your issues.

Back