Downloading software updates 711ob

A

Anonymous

attempted to update a 711OB today but after dowloading the software updates for processor and control head I had issues. I could not find file labeled UPBOOT.BAT but rather a file in its place named readme.?. I tried on a different computer with same problem. I was able to run the nav 700 driver and install UP.BAT but now myautopilot is stuck in demo mode

Upboot is not needed anymore with the new software unless you are upgrading a very old pilot. (We need to make that clear in the instructions; thanks for pointing that out) It sounds like you conducted the up.bat correctly but you must program BOTH the processor and the display(s) with updated software. (Ensure you have the right display software there is a color and non-color version) If you only update one then they will no longer understand each other and it will run demo mode. Once you have completed updating all the units (processor and all displays) then it should resume talking together. I highly recommend watching the video on updating the pilot along with the written instructions.

http://www.furunousa.com/ProductDocumen ... tware.aspx

Thanks for the reply. I tried several times to update the control head after only running the UP.BAT file on the processor however that failed also. I think you may be correct about downloading the wrong software as it seems the control head update file is only for the color screen version? I have the 2014 version of Navpilot 711ob. where can I find these files? or even if I could just reinstall a older software version as I now realize this most recent update was not the important for my setup ( non color)

Did watch the instructional video as well as read the instructions and also have been in communication with Furuno tech support however not resolved just yet.
Thanks for the help

You would want to go under the product page (the non-color part number NavPilot 711 not 711c) then to the software tab and download the controller software version 1.14. Here is a direct link to the product page.

http://www.furunousa.com/Products/Produ ... Autopilots

They had version 2.12 posted which should also work but they just updated the site to the newest non-color software (1.14) so if you don't see it, wait and the site should update/populate with 1.14 soon.

Got it working finally... I was using the software for the color unit...Furuno's website was a little confusing as it was worded as if its for the 711c and 711ob. also hard hard time finding product page for older non color unit.
Thanks for all the help!

Back