Complete parts list for sport boat autopilot

GWB

Furuno Fan
I need some help with selecting a pilot for a 25' power sport fishing boat. The existing hydraulic cylinder has a capacity of 7.3 cubic inches. So I will need pump, hoses, electronics package. Currently the boat only has a manual steering system (hydraulic helm pump, hoses and hydraulic cylinder)
The pilot that I want is the Navpilot 711c, so if someone could help with a comprehensive parts list that would be great
Thanks for the help in advance

GWB-
For that size ram you will need to use our HRP11-12. I will assume it is a 12 volt system. If by chance it is 24v use the HRP11-24. If the boat is an outboard you will need the NavPilot 711C/OB. That will come with the control head, compass (PG700), and processor. This system will also work on an inboard, but if you want rudder angle then a feedback would be needed.
We do not supply hydraulic fittings except for Verado kits as those are very specific. You will need three lines made up, port, starboard and return to go into your installation. A local Furuno dealer or marine hydraulics outfit can help you with that. I strongly recommend that you also spend a few extra dollars and have shut-off valves installed between the helm and the pump. If you ever need to remove or isolate the pump you will appreciate it.
Wiring the pilot to the TZT14 is through the NMEA2000 network. If you let us know what is currently installed on the boat, as well as what you are adding, we can help you with the best method.

I have purchased the same unit 711C o/b and going to get it installed ASAP. I have been reading a lot of installation instructions etc. As far as the heading sensor goes, my boat is all aluminium so would there be an ideal place to mount the sensor? I see a lot of information of not mounting near magnetic components etc. Just looking for ideas..Thanks

MikeR13-
Take a hand held compass and get a north reference with the boat tied to the dock.
Then go onboard and find the best location. The aluminum hull won't have any effect.

Is the compass read more a function for the initial set up of the autopilot or more a function of the mounting locations of each of the components of the system?

I'm not sure I understand your question Mike. You want to place the compass in a location with the least amount of magnetic influence from equipment on the boat. Location in relation to the other pieces is not important.

Thanks! I misread what you initially discussed about the compass. So you mounting based on magnetic influence. Makes sense now

Back