711C/TZT/iPad App

A

Anonymous

If an iPad is running the Furuno remote app through wifi to a TZT display that is interfaced to a 711C autopilot, will the autopilot control that is available on screen on the TZT also function in the iPad app?

This would have to be checked, but in theory yes. I do not recommend it though as there is a delay when using the iPad app, especially if you are using a higher resolution display.
It is just not a smart thing to do with a device that is driving the boat. But that is just an old timers opinion.

I agree with you as a general matter. I was curious about the remote app because I am planning to use the iPad to show the sounder screen in the cockpit when fishing alone. It would be nice to be able to make small course changes from back there while trolling.

Now all I need is for you to start shipping the new TZT2 15 displays so the installation can be completed and I can try for myself!

Thanks.

With the app you have a clone of the tzt so ap control is the same as on the mfd: You tap on the Screen, goto and after that you can give the AP the control

Thanks for the real world feedback. How well does the remote app work for the a/p and other functions?

Frankly spoken ist a nice toy but nothing to work with when it is rea important.

die wireless Connection is slow and/or resoultion is bad. The res is reduces to improve Response Speed but I wont rely on it.

wifi Connection isnt very stable. but maybe thats my personal Problem because the tzt connects via router/ap

Back