autopilot 711 and pump with sensor issues : /

A

Anonymous

having some issues with the autopilot on a current project, boat is a 40' with Tripple Verados two steering rams and standard verado power steering setup. Twin 14" touch furunos, AIS, DFF1, PSU-013 and DRS open array radar, PG700, and a FAP and 711 autopilot with a pump featuring the sensors in the pump.
Did the dockside setup, everything took, all can bus sentences are comming and going as they should i believe. position data, cross track etc etc.

Problem is, whenever i steer the vessel, the autopilot (which isn't in auto mode just powered on) give me an alarm "helm sensor error" very annoying, tried to poke around a bit but only info i can find is pointing at the sensors on the autopilot pump. whatever the issue is, it keeps the system from working as it should.
any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Rye

* also the pump is the PUMPHRP17-12 with the FPS8 installed on it.

The error relates to the optional FPS8 you have installed. I suggest you run the helm sensor test from Para. 5.3.9 of the manual. If it is failing you should ensure the setup was accomplished correctly and retry. If you still have problems, I recommend you contact your Furuno distributor directly.

Back