AutoPilot

MikeR13

Furuno Super Fan
Just looking for some assistance with any of you guys who have autopilots. I currently have twin outboards (hydraulic steering) and do a lot of trolling where i switch between outboards on the days where I'm trolling. I am looking to purchase a autopilot for my Tz14" system. What are the differences between the units that furuno offers.

MikeR13-
Furuno offers 3 models, The NavPilot 711, The NavPilot 711C, and the Navpilot 700. Performance and operation of these are exactly the same. The 700 has a larger LCD and a larger price tag. The 711C is color and the same price as the 711 B&W.
The O/B versions are for outboard boats and do not require a rudder reference unit which makes installation easier as well as eliminating the need for a feedback on your engines which can be problematic on outboards.
I would suggest the NavPilot 711C O/B for your application. It cosmetically matches the TZT14 and if your software is up to date you can control the pilot on your MFD.

If I purchase the 711C O/B do I have to purchased the screen as well or can i strictly control the autopilot from my tztouch

I recently installed the 711C on my twin outboard boat. Trust me, you want the control unit if you are using the AP a lot... and you will.

Good luck.

What pump did you get??? I have twin 200s (yamaha) and hydraulic cylinders on both motors..I wanna make sure i get the right pump

Back