Simulation mode on FAP711

A

Anonymous

I have a 2 year old sailing catamaran that had a single FAP711 autopilot controller. I have just connected a second FAP711 with wiring and jumper connection as per instalation manual to switch mode. The new unit has booted in simulation mode and I am unable to open the instalation menu. The original unit still works as previous and the instalation menu opens as per the manual. Both units power each other up and down - so it looks like the wiring is good. Thanks for any assistance.

It appears that your new control head has newer software than your original system. Because of that, it cannot communicate properly with the processor and subsequently comes up in simulation mode. To fix this, please contact an authorized Furuno USA dealer in your area and have them update the software throughout your autopilot system. The other option is to send in your processor and two control heads to our WA repairs section. To do this, box up the equipment, put a note inside the box with name, address, phone number, e-mail (if want) and description of what you want done. Send to:
Furuno USA
Attn: Repairs
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd
Camas, WA 98607
(360) 834-9300

Back